Young PARE Working Group / Steering Committee
The Young PARE working group consists of individuals, living with, or working with young people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs). They are passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with RMDs across Europe. They are supported by Betka Göhmann, from the EULAR Secretariat, and Nele Caeyers, the Chair of the EULAR Standing Committee of PARE.
Chair of Young PARE
Petra Balazova, Slovakia
Working Group Members of Young PARE
Sara Badreh, Sweden
Peter Boyd, Ireland
Lembe Kullamaa, Estonia
Wendy Olsder, The Netherlands
Silvia Ostuzzi, Italy
Simon Stones, United Kingdom
Tanita Wilhelmer, Austria
Former Working Group Members of Young PARE
Jeanette Andersen, Denmark
Laura Hickey, Ireland
Linda van Nieuwkoop, The Netherlands
We also remember Dora Papastavrou, one of the founding members of Young PARE, who sadly passed away in 2017. Dora was a passionate advocate for young people with RMDs. She continues to inspire the working group in all that they do, striving to make the world a brighter place for young people with RMDs.
Young PARE Committees
There are five Young PARE Committees, which were established to address the growing work of Young PARE, as well as to improve the capacity of youth advocates across Europe. Each of the committees is chaired by one or more members of the Young PARE working group, with a specific remit of driving forward the youth strategy for Young PARE across Europe and overseas.
- Country Liaison Committee (Chaired by Silvia Ostuzzi and Petra Balazova)
- Digital Communication Committee (Chaired by Simon Stones, Tanita Wilhelmer and Sara Badreh)
- Education Committee (Chaired by Wendy Olsder, Sara Badreh and Peter Boyd)
- Newsletter Committee (Chaired by Peter Boyd)
- Visibility and Global Affairs Committee (Chaired by Lembe Kullamaa and Simon Stones)
Young PARE focuses on the internal integration and organisation of the youth perspective within EULAR and the EULAR PARE community, as well as other European networks. According to research conducted by the team in 2014, youth activities only took place in half of the existing PARE organisations.
Organisations across Europe have been are asked to nominate youth liaison persons who will be the point of contact between national organisations and Young PARE. This has enabled the team to build a network with these organisations.
Join our team
If you are interested in joining either the Young PARE Working Group or one of the Young PARE Committees in the future, please get in touch via the contact us page. The team have provided some guidance below, to ensure future members of the working group and committees address the mission and aims of Young PARE.
Requirements for joining Young PARE:
- You should be aged between 18 and 35 years;
- You should have personal experience of living with, or caring for someone with an RMD;
- You should be willing to contribute equally to the team (approximately 1 hour per week which varies throughout the year);
- You should have high-speed internet access;
- You should have an ability to communicate in English fluently (both orally and written);
- You should be willing to take learn and take responsibility for actions; and
- You should have a good knowledge of youth issues and RMDs in your country.