Please meet the Young PARE team
The Young PARE team, a working group of the standing committee of PARE, consists of individuals, living with, or working with young people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs). They are passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with RMDs across Europe.
Chair of EULAR Young PARE
Petra Balazova, Slovakia
Working Group members of EULAR Young PARE
Jeanette Andersen, Denmark
Peter Boyd, Ireland
Wendy Olsder, The Netherlands
Silvia Ostuzzi, Italy
Simon Stones, United Kingdom
Tanita Wilhelmer, Austria
PARE board co-opted member to EULAR Young PARE
Nele Caeyers, Belgium
EULAR secretariat assigned to support EULAR Young PARE
Florian Klett, Switzerland
EULAR Young PARE Alumni Working Group Members
Laura Hickey, Ireland
Linda van Nieuwkoop, The Netherlands
The work of EULAR Young PARE
Each member of EULAR Young PARE has a specific role to drive forward the youth strategy for EULAR Young PARE:
- Breakthrough Newsletter – Petra Bednarova
- Young PARE Newsletter – Peter Boyd
- EULAR Annual European Conference of PARE – Simon Stones
- Social Media and Communication – Simon Stones, Jeanette Andersen and Tanita Wilhelmer
- Stene Prize – Wendy Olsder
- Virtual Knowledge Centre – Jeanette Andersen and Silvia Ostuzzi
- World Arthritis Day – All
EULAR Young PARE focuses on the internal integration and organisation of the youth perspective within the PARE community, and European networks. According to research conducted by the team in 2014, youth activities only take place in half of the PARE organisations.
Organisations across Europe have been are asked to nominate youth liaison persons who will be the point of contact between national organisations and EULAR Young PARE. This has enabled the team to build a network with these organisations. EULAR Young PARE are currently developing an education plan for youth leaders and youth liaison persons based on training needs identified during the strategy meeting in Tallinn in 2014. The team, supported by the EULAR secretariat, have also developed a virtual knowledge centre to enable national organisation liaison persons to share best practices.
In 2016, EULAR Young PARE are expanding the European network, to support organisations that wish to start a youth group and nominate a liaison person. EULAR Young PARE, together with the support from the EULAR secretariat, have organised a two-day educational event for youth liaison persons to educate, empower and train them to better support young people with RMDs in their home countries.
Join our team
If you are interested in joining the EULAR Young PARE team in the future, please get in touch via the contact us page. The team have provided some guidance below, to ensure future members of the team address the mission and aims of EULAR Young PARE.
Requirements for joining EULAR Young PARE
- Aged between 18 and 35 years
- Personal experience of living with, or caring for someone with an RMD
- Willingness to contribute equally to the team (approximately 1 hour per week)
- Have high-speed internet access
- Ability to communicate in English fluently (both oral and written)
- Willingness to take responsibility
- Good knowledge of youth issues and RMDs in the local country